Wednesday, September 26, 2012

for UAB, for birmingham, for you and for me

So yet again I've been letting cobwebs collect on this little blog of mine.  It's just so crazy how quickly school work and extracurriculars and maintaining a semi-decent social life can pile on top of each other within mere moments.  I mean, the phrase "there aren't enough hours in a day," barely cuts it for me.  Honestly, there aren't enough days in the week.  But the crazy, horrifying, totally disgusting part about it is that I absolutely love it.  I know, it's ridiculous, but I am not lying.  From successfully executing a Fall Concert to planning a Homecoming Comedy Show and from selling clothes to developing client crisis communication plans, this semester has honestly been a blast.

But you want to know what's recently made it just that much better?

I've been selected as a Top 5 finalist for Ms. UAB!!!


What whaaatttttt!  I'm so excited for this opportunity, you guys.  It means the world to me that I am seen a gal worthy enough to be in the running to carry such a title.

For the past few months I've been trying to brainstorm various ways on how to restart this blog of mine.  And lately the amount of people telling me how much they miss my posts has motivated me even more.  I've wanted my blog to have an increased emphasis on this great city of Birmingham, but I had been struggling to find the perfect reason to begin posting once again. Well my wonderful friends, I don't think I could have found a better topic to start with than the one stated here.

I am able to call Birmingham, Alabama my home because of UAB.  Though I hate to sound cliche, I do not lie when I say attending this school has been the greatest decision I have made so far.  Since moving to Birmingham two years ago, I truly believe I have the potential to make a difference in this city.  I have the passion and the drive to become a great innovator for the Magic City, and I believe my time to do so starts here with this opportunity at UAB.

So join me on my little journey!  I'll be blogging about all my adventures throughout the next week and a half until the big Homecoming game on October 6th.  But don't worry, I won't abandon this blog after all of this- I PROMISE!  I want Casual Bedlam to become a guide for anyone who loves to call this city, the city that I like to refer to as the true heartbeat of the South, their home.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! A blog post :) I've been craving one from you and recently wrote one myself! Phew! What happened to our blogging selves? Well, I hope they are coming back up to the surface!

    Congratulations on becoming a finalist! Whoot! Whoot! Wishing you the best, even though I can't vote!

    Just blog about what makes you smile, what inspires you and what makes that heart of your town beat! Since I can't visit Birmingham at the moment, I'd love to see what that great city offers :)

    - Melissa, The 25th Hour Blog

    ReplyDelete