Thursday, July 12, 2012

reboot

I've been a bad blogger.  In fact, I've been a terrible blogger.  Can I be real with you guys for a moment?  I think I've struggled with finding an identity for this blog.  And I think that identity struggle really stems from overwhelming myself with what I feel like my blog should be and not what I want my blog to be.  Does that make sense?  For a while there, my blog was getting a lot of attention from my peers...which was more than awesome.  But the attention led to an increasing pressure to take better pictures, write better words, or just produce better content....and none of that felt like myself.

I am a blogger, but just because I am a blogger doesn't mean I have to be a photographer with a penchant for solar flares, or have a cutting edge sense of style, or have an excellently curated taste palette, or be savvy in politics/technology/motherhood/crafting etc.  I am a blogger because I love to write, and I am a blogger because I love to share even the most mundane moments of my day with the world because, to me, those moments mean something.

Do you want to know what I would love to write about?  I would love to write about why I save the ticket stub from every movie I go see.  I would love to write about why living alone has changed me.  I would love to share with the world why I work so hard on things that seem so silly to others.  I want to write about when I'm heartbroken. I would love to write about my adventures in the great city of Birmingham, Alabama.  I want to share my weaknesses and also my strengths.  I want to gush on about comedians I love and my Netflix account and the ridiculous amount of love I have for my snuggie.  I want to document my semi-homemade cooking attempts and share those days where I feel almost as confident as Beyonce on stage.  I want to make obscure pop culture references and complain about my college years because I'm still only 20 years old.

I just want to share with the world why every single second of my life means so much to me. An appreciation for life does not always have to be found in extreme moments or exotic adventures.  Sometimes, one can appreciate their life just by taking a moment to realize it is currently 3pm on a Thursday afternoon in July and they have finally found the courage to write what they have been wanting to say all along.

I hope you are all curious enough to stick around for just a little while longer.

All photos are taken from my Instagram account (@karlakho)

3 comments:

  1. I say go for it! Be yourself and never compromise. You have my support for sure : ) Heartbroken? Hm.That may make for an interesting start for this new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I am from Huntsville too and I just found out my cousin Daniel knows you from an internship last summer. Small world. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I love your blog and this post rings true in my life as well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've felt this countless time... even now! lol It's a work in progress. You've worded my thoughts quite well! I've missed your blogs even though I don't comment much, I read it lots.
    I can't wait to read about your mundane life adventures and musings about things you love :D

    ReplyDelete