Monday, April 30, 2012

weekend recap

As my weekend comes to a close, I can't decide if it was filled with more highs or lows...

This was my miserable Saturday:


Sick. All day. Gross.  I'll leave out all the unnecessary details, but let's just say it wasn't my prettiest day.  Far, far from it.

But this is a little photo recap of my way too great Sunday:



Reason #18728 I love my city: There's a never-ending supply of fantastic local restaurants.  Despite my ever too weak post-sickness stomach, my lovely roommate Reilly and I made plans to brunch at The Silvertron Cafe in Forest Park.  Sorry, but I don't let sickness stand in the way of a fantastic brunch.  I mean, come on- IT'S BRUNCH.  It was so tasty, and I can't wait to go back to try their regular menu! 




Next stop: The Bargain Carousel.  For some reason, we had pretty high hopes for this event.  It was a three day event, so it was pretty picked over by the time we got there.  I did get to score some fantastic new books to add my collection of things I probably don't have time to read! Have you guys read any of these titles?



Yea, and it's not even summer yet.... Welcome to Alabama, ladies and gentlemen. Thank goodness Sonic exists to quench our afternoon thirst. 



I must give props to our outfits.  We were definitely the best dressed gals at the Bargain Carousel, if that says anything...

My sophomore year is coming to an end in about a week and a half, and I must say it's all beginning to feel a little surreal.  I can't believe how much has happened in my life the past year, it's really been too much to recount.  But one thing I will always remember about this year is the great friendships I've made with some of the coolest folks (such as Reilly-this lady is going to be a phenomenal leader one day, mark my words).

College really is about making those new connections with your city, particularly the amazing people in it. 



1 comment:

  1. Your outfit is great in this, and so is the Mission Impossible thrift store you're standing in front of in the last picture! Haha. I feel you on the college and friends and city thing though. Glad I met you this past year!

    ReplyDelete