Sunday, February 26, 2012

youthful narcolepsy

How did I go from the girl who never sleeps to the girl who sleeps all the time?  I used to write about my insomnia, and now I'm having to write about how the 11 hours of slumber I fell victim to last night still doesn't feel like enough.  Puffy eyes, achy bones, what is happening? I can't possibly be aging THIS fast can I?! I'm going to bed earlier and earlier (10pm on a Saturday night, REALLY?!), and waking up at a decent hour! I know this is a normal schedule for most, but it's freaking me (the practically certified insomniac) out.

On the plus side, I'm a dreamer.  I dream a lot and I dream quite vividly.  Of course when I choose not to write them down immediately upon waking up, I forget them, but still...It feels good to know that even in those hours where my body decides to shut down, my mind still loves to play.


Side note: who's ready for the Oscars tonight?!  This is like my Super Bowl, you guys.  I usually have a bracket made out and everything, but I'll go ahead and blame school and sleep for not giving me the time to make one this year.  I have some picks in my mind, but it's such a wild card this year!  Anyway, stay tuned for a post all about it.  I've realized that as much of a pop culture junkie I am, I really don't write about it enough....so I plan to give my blog a little pop culture facelift soon enough.  Also, follow me on Twitter because I will be live-tweeting and driving all my non-Oscar-loving followers crazy.

2 comments:

  1. YES. I WILL BE LIVE TWEETING WITH YOU. #oscarfun :)

    Um yeah ps. every time you write a post I feel like I'm right there with ya...but seriously. I've been functioning on 4 hours of sleep and then BAM getting 10 hours and i'm p-i-s-s-e-d. I have way too much to do to be sleeping this much! Plus, when I wake up, I feel like I've been hit by a train.

    See you at the Oscar's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life lately has been quite the opposite. Have your insomniac ways gone North? ;) I am glad that you are getting sleep, now just to find a balance - the hardest thing to do!

    ReplyDelete