Monday, January 23, 2012

who's on first?

The Friday before last (I know, I'm so ridiculously late about posting this), I headed out with two of my favorite boys Ali and Taylor to have some fun at local vintage shop What's On 2nd?  It's out on 2nd Avenue North here in Birmingham (hence the name and the adorable homage to Abbott and Costello), and if you haven't been I really suggest you do!  The owners are just the sweetest people, and you wouldn't believe just how much neat stuff there is to browse.  There have been times when I've come out of there with anything from a copy of Orwell's 1984 to a Tom Jone's record.  But, I digress...

Taylor is an INCREDIBLE photographer and quickly becoming one of my new favorite people.  Ali and I got dressed up in some funky duds and had him snap a few pictures of us right before closing time.  

Here are just a few snapshots from the shoot!




And if you want to see a few more pictures, head on over to Taylor's blog! He says some pretty sweet words about me too ;) 

To be honest, this was my first time ever really having someone take pictures of me.  As confident as I can be, I feel like I'm painfully awkward in front of a camera lens.  But Taylor made it super fun for natural Ali and my uncomfortable self.  I encourage you guys to go shower his blog with love and support because his work is seriously some of the best.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE...and I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your bun are so cute :)
    I love thrift stores like this. So, can you add this to the itinerary when I come visit you in Alabama :)
    You are great in front of the camera!
    I want to take pictures of you next. I call dibs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to this place, it looks amazing! <3
    And these pictures are great, your re right, specially the last one.

    Have a lovely day(:

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty pictures! So happy I found your blog! Now following! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are awesome and I love the last one cause it looks like you could be a couple on the show "hoarders", with all the random stuff! I think your blog is great, so I am a new follower and I would love if you would follow back!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete