Monday, January 2, 2012

oh my attire: final days of 2011

Congratulations, everyone- we made it to 2012!!! Let's all plan to make this year even better than the last.

Casual night with friends:

Tank: Banana Republic, Cardigan: LOFT, Skirt: Target, Belt: Old Navy, Socks: J.Crew, Boots: Target

New Years Eve:
Head to toe: Target

To be honest, I was kind of bummed on New Years Eve because I didn't have any spectacular plans.  Since I'm at home, the only excitement I was looking at was popping a bottle of champagne with my family as we all sat around the television watching the Auburn football game.  While viewing the hoards of tweets and Facebook posts of friends celebrating everywhere from Atlanta to New York, sitting at home in Huntsville, Alabama was not the most ideal scenario a young girl like myself wishes to find herself in on this night of all nights.  But, you know what?  As soon as midnight rolled around, it all changed.  Texts from my very best friends, along with hugs and kisses from my family reminded me that sometimes the only place worth being is with those who know you best. 

And even though I've never done anything special for the big day, I'm still a fan of the holiday because I love the symbolic nature of it all.  A new year, a new beginning, a fresh start-all meaning that we have 365 days to improve.  It's kind of exciting, isn't it?  I can't even fully express to you all how ready I am for this new year!  I know it's cliche to say, but 2012 holds great things for us all, I just know it. 

NOTE:  I'm also going to learn how to make do with my point-and-shoot camera for better outfit photos in 2012....this hand on my hip pose can only get me so far!  

3 comments:

  1. Super cute outfits! You're a babe. ;)

    Love those boots in the first picture!

    I know what you mean about a new beginning for the new year! I'm so excited for a fresh start.

    xo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the outfits!
    Being somewhere fabulous for New Year's is overrated! It's WHO you're with that counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i have that top!! very cute

    ReplyDelete