Friday, January 27, 2012

currently...



It's currently Friday night, and I'm currently back home in Huntsville.  I'm currently sitting in Starbucks (could you tell by the photo?) while my parents are out of town in LA, my sisters are at some big movie premiere in town, and my little brother is with his friends.  But I just got done having a lovely little hang out with Alexandra and baby Indigo discussing plans for our Etsy shop (we finally came up with a name!!!).  I'm pretty excited for it.  I can't wait to get everything in order to finally reveal it all to you guys.

This week has been a doozy, but in the greatest way possible.  I just can't stop getting involved with all sorts of various activities.  My suitemate Reilly and I joke about how we're both addicted to building our resumés, and it's so true.  Some of the things I'm getting involved in?  Web and graphic design.  If you guys have any good resources of how to get started with Adobe Illustrator, or how to even begin coding this blogger site of mine please send them my way!  Even as I sit here, I have like 5 tabs open on helping me better all the banners and fliers I've been creating on Photoshop this past week.

Anyway, I guess this blog post was just to sort of catch everyone up and say hey.  I miss my blogging palz. I'm trying not to be so absentee from the blogosphere, but with class, and extracurriculars, and all my hobbies it's kind of hard!  I know I've asked you guys this question before, but I'll ask again- how do YOU manage to be consistent?  In the big scheme of time management, where does blogging fall for you?

8 comments:

  1. It can be really hard. I don't worry if I miss a day, or even two. But after three days of not posting, I start itching to blog again. Of course school will always come first, but if I have a free few hours, I try to knock out a post or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your etsy shop! It just takes a little time to get there :)
    Time management is an extremely difficult thing to do. You just have to say no to some people and make sure that YOU really get done what is most important to yourself. XOX

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photoshop can be such a tease sometimes. I've found these sites helpful: puglypixel.com, lynda.com, psd.tutsplus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously can't wait until you open up shop! If you make one of those bow headbands, I am all over buying one!! Hurry up! Open :D hehe

    I have a problem with over committing myself. PR problem? Probably.
    I'm not sure how I try to manage everything. I definitely make A LOT of lists and try to tackle one task at a time. Although multi-tasking can seem helpful, some times it's really not (like right now I'm suppose to be doing homework, but instead ...) Also, I try to keep my tabs on my internet browser to a 3 tab minimum. This helps with not going back and forth with windows and tasks!)

    I still find blogging to be a priority. Just because it's my outlet and it really does help you build your portfolio (esp. as a PR major). I do two-three posts at a time, but schedule them throughout the week. Like "Tuesday Tunes" I usually do a week in advance! That way I don't feel "stressed" trying to do a post every day. I just work on promoting them.

    Wow that was a long comment.... haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!!! I love reading your blog!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karla! I have the same problem (blessing? curse?) as you in that I just CAN'T STOP getting involved in different activities. It can be a problem when I don't have enough time to dedicate to different groups as I would like. I'm torn between being 100 percent committed to one group, or inconstant with, like, 10. As far as blogging, I'm trying to not put too much weight on it, because I know if I do that I'll get intimidated and not blog at all. I'm going to try posting once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, also, that ring? Is that a cameo? It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete