Thursday, December 15, 2011

recap: i'm still here!


So I owe my little blog an explanation, but the problem lies in the fact that I don't really have one.  Here I go, neglecting my sweet corner of the interwebs for a week, and all I can say is I'm sorry.  It's not good enough, I know, but I hope it's acceptable.  I guess after finishing up this semester, my brain wanted a total break from....well, everything.  And I got it!  So I'm back now, with three weeks of nothing but relaxation ahead of me.  Such a strange, strange realization to come upon.  And you know, I've really missed writing.  Going a week without publishing any thoughts is tough!  Thank goodness for Twitter, right?  I can't imagine if I had to spare the world and actually internalize all my nonsensical ramblings...

Now for a brief recap of the past week-  I mostly spent it with my family, really.  I got to catch up with my beloved TV shows, finally do some Christmas shopping, stay up veryyyy late, and sleep-  oh have I slept, and oh has it been good.  And I got to see this precious little nugget and her sweet mother for a while (catch up with them here):


That's been about it for the most part.  Very laid back, and far too easy going seeing as though the holiday of all holidays is a mere ten days away! Also, it's been oddly warm here in Alabama.  It's kind of weirding the Christmas spirit right out of me, which is no good!  I've been trying to listen to Christmas tunes, or watch a good Christmas movie, but all they do is reference snow and it's hard to relate when it's 75 degrees outside my window.  How's the weather over in your neck of the woods?  Go ahead and taunt me with your peacoats and earmuffs! 

I'm sorry I don't have anything more exciting to fill you guys in on, but I've been aching to write a post just to let you know I'm still here.  Expect more from me in these upcoming weeks.  Now that it's winter break, I'll have even more time to dedicate to the glowing screen of my Macbook (as if I spend a single moment away from it).  And guess what?  I made a Facebook page for my blog.  Yea, I'm totally getting official....or at least trying to.  Anyway, "like" it here!  (And a big thank you to sweet blogging friends Alexandra, Melissa, and Danielle for promoting my page already!).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to continue watching episodes of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix whilst crocheting Christmas presents for all my pals.  


1 comment:

  1. Ooooo totally jealous of your friends! I mean, crocheted presents :) Love!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for following! I really appreciate your support <3
    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete