Friday, December 23, 2011

the power of red lips


See this photo above?  This photo is proof that even on days when I feel my worst, a little bit of red on my lips can suddenly make me feel like the prettiest girl in the world.  It's been a recent discovery, this bold red lipstick, but it's one I will never regret.  Sure, to some I may look silly, but to me all I radiate is confidence.

With the New Year coming up, I'm start to reevaluate some things in life like we all do.  In 2012, I will be a college junior.  I will be turning 20 years old, and it's about time I began preparing myself for that chapter in life.  I'm ready to truly see myself as the totally self-assured, successful young lady I was destined to be.

I know it sounds lame, but when I wear red lipstick I feel like I'm finally growing up....to a degree, at least.

P.S. Was anyone else thinking about this song the whole time they were reading this post?  Oh.... it was just me?  Well, you're welcome for reminding you of this wonderful 2001 classic.


Happy Christmas Eve's Eve, everybody.

10 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' the red lipstick - I feel the same way when I wear such a bold colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely stunning and can pull off red lipstick so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. RED LIPS ARE A GO!
    I've been recently obsessed myself :] Just makes me feel so grown-up. You think you need to get your crap together? 2012 means I'm turning 22, graduating and will be thrusted into the real world!

    Ps. I would just like to say I'm glad we're officially Facebook friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been meaning to get my hands on some red lipstick. i think this post has finally convinced me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your red lips look fabulous! And it is wonderful that such a simple thing like that can make you feel confident- for me it is the odd occasion I wear heels.

    Alexandra
    thecircusnotebook@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww. you are so pretty!!! thanks for following... followeed you back! :D

    love, polly
    www.pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so pretty! i love your glasses and lip colour.

    wonderful blog, definitely following.

    from, helen @ thelovecatsINC

    http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgoodness this is my new years resolution on my blog!! wear RED lips all of 2012!!! it looks beautiful on you :)

    p.s my have it ruby woo from mac

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s you look so beautiful with red lips.
    fa real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooot!! SMASHING look! :D you totally knocked it out the park! HAPPY 2012 *confetti*

    ReplyDelete