Thursday, December 8, 2011

oh my attire: study time chic

Me- Cardigan: J.Crew, Top: J. Crew, Pants: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's Jeggings, Socks: J. Crew, Boots: n/a

If you can't tell by the photos above, my roommate Hollie and I have yet to really figure out the "outfit photo" thing.  Well, Hollie hasn't even figured out how to take a photograph in general.  One time I caught her trying to take a picture while holding the camera upside down.  No joke.  So all I can present to you for now are these oddly disproportionate photos taken in our dorm bathroom.  

Anyway, I have my first final of the semester tomorrow in World Lit, and if the past 3 dead days have taught me anything it's that I have forgotten how to study.  I used to be so good at it back in high school.  I could concentrate for hours sans distraction, but now.  Well now, I just can't sit still without wanting someone to talk to (To be honest, I think it drives my oh so studious Pre-Med roommate a little crazy sometimes).  Yesterday Holls and I hung out in Starbucks with every intention to get our study on, but instead I think I ended up talking to people I'd run into 80% of the time, Facebook/Twittering 15% of the time, and working on my resume for the final 5%.  Productivity is far from my middle name.  Even now, this blog post is an example of me putting off studying for this Lit final.  I'm just going to keep nomming on this bag of popcorn and hope through some crazy process of osmosis I'm going to understand how to differentiate between Romanticism, Realism, and Modernism.

Just give me until Friday, you guys.  After Friday you'll have a month of me being complain free about school!  I know it seems doubtful, but I promise my conversation skills extend past gripes against my obtaining an education.  Trust me on this one.  And if you've got any study advice, send it my way!

7 comments:

  1. Haha girl I am in that same boat as you! My focus is just......insane these days (in a bad-I-am-read-to-graduate-kind-of-bad). I tried working on a powerpoint presentation that honestly could have taken 1.5 and it took my friend and I 3.5. We just kept getting distracted!

    We're almost done with this semester!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are preaching to the choir my friend. I'm the biggest procrastinator ever! Oh well, at least you look cute doing it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute! And I consider myself a great procrastinator as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my finals week as well - only two more to go! But it feels like these past couple days have drug on, feels more like weeks. Haha. I can't wait for break to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, you and your roommate are so cute! Loving the boots. I hope you did well on your last final, school can be so stressful :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL you girls are so silly! Cute outfits and good luck with future outfit posts - it can take a while to figure out what works :) you'll get there :D

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete