Sunday, November 6, 2011

the pains of procrastination

If you can't tell by the picture below, I really need to work on my posture...



College is tough sometimes, you guys.  Tomorrow I have two papers due, one presentation to give (that has yet to be compiled because group projects are the bane of my existence) and 4 quizzes. It's already 7pm.  I've been sitting in this library since 3pm and do not plan on leaving until it closes at 2am.  I cannot even begin to write either one of my papers.  I've attempted starting both of them multiple times throughout the day, but I'm so stuck.  It's as if my mind is giving up on me before it's even started to work.  Five more hours though.  In five more hours, when the clock strikes 12, my brain will finally decide to work.  I can't let that happen tonight though, not with TWO papers on the line.  Which is why I've turned to write a little blog post.  Maybe a little free form writing can save me from the academic rut I've fallen in.
I saw the image above on Pinterest and I couldn't help but giggle. I go through this pretty much every other day.  It's sad, but it's life, ya know? How about the rest of you?  Please tell me I'm not the only one that struggles with getting work done before the final minute!  I honestly can't remember the last time I finished something BEFORE it's due date.  It's such a shame.  I blame all the many distractions in my life for this: Netflix, friends, family, boys, food, social gatherings, more Netflix....I love the madness that I've created for myself though.

Okay, so now that my thoughts are out there, it's time to give these papers another go.  Funny thing is, one of my papers is a five to seven page assessment of my use of social media.  I'll just count this post as help with my research :)

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!
    I am a horrible procrastinator. The only time I get things done before the due date, is so I can procrastinate doing something even less fun.

    Also, somehow my room is always incredibly dirty when I have homework to do. Funny how that happens.

    Something that helps me, is thinking about how good it feels to be done. Think of the weight that will be lifted! And all the time you can then devote to Pinterest, and in my case, shopping online.

    Now, go get that degree! :]

    -Amanda K.
    amandakbythebay.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I do this...way too much & it's worse with me, because it's usually with diaper laundry (stinkyyyyyy).

    YOU CAN DO IT.
    YOU'RE ALMOST A JUNIOR!

    <3 www.myblognamedkip.blogspot.com
    (shameless advertising hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha i do this for every school assignment i have. (im doing it right now!)
    thanks for the comment (:

    kate

    ReplyDelete