Wednesday, November 2, 2011

my interview with CHRISTIAN SIRIANO


I've been hinting at it in my last few posts...sooo here you go! Last Tuesday I got the most incredible opportunity EVER- the chance to meet and interview Christian Siriano, the season 4 winner of Project Runway, for HerCampus UAB.  It was....incredible/surreal/inspiring/etc.  I did a joint interview with Megan who runs the incredible fashion blog Southern Femme.  I loved getting to mix and mingle with the heart of Birmingham's fashion community, but most of all I loved getting to speak with CHRISTIAN SIRIANO!  I'm still kind of star struck by it all.


Not only did I get to interview Christian, but I got to stick around for his show later that night! And just in case you need a bit of inspiration, here's some photos from the event.  Get ready for your jaw to drop at all the gorgeous colors and designs.  I can't be the only one who's excited coral is back in action for the spring, right?  It just looks so good with my skin tone! 



My friend Donnell is the beaming beacon of fashion hope in the sea of poorly dressed college aged males.  He's pretty much the epitome of a well-dressed man.  He has his own article on Southern Femme, called Southern Homme.  You guys MUST check it out! 




(^favorite dress^)







As of right now, this event has been the highlight of my year.  Being around people who are so passionate about what they do gave me the confidence boost I've been needing lately.  There are a lot of naysayers when it comes to my choice of major (which, if you didn't know, is Public Relations).  I'm quite tired of people telling me it's a waste of education because I love it..and I'm good at it..and I know it's the one thing that will make me so incredibly happy in life to make a livelihood from.  Some people are passionate about biology, others about mathematics, others about business.  I am capable of doing any single one of those things, but I'm passionate about people.  It's not a foolish thing to be passionate about either.  So shout out to all my fellow Communications majors.  

Have you guys encountered any haters when it comes to your field of choice?  It kind of hurts, but if I've learned anything it's that you must stick with your gut. If you feel like what you're doing is best for you, then it is, in fact, best for you.  

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! :D That is so exciting! Wow! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy, jealous and proud of you! Can't believe you guys snagged him for your Her Campus!!! Congratulations. I am going to read the article soon. I'm sure it's amazing like you :]


    Go COMM majors!
    I love PR too. We do get a lot of haters, because stereotypically, I mean, I can't lie. We do have a lot of ...interesting people in our field at times, but you and I will prove them wrong! I love PR and it's definitely helped me realize my strengths and weaknesses.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a babefox! You look beautiful in both of your pictures, I really like your style!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so amazing that you got to meet him and see the show! His collection was a favorite of mine this season!

    I've definitely run into some haters when it comes to my psychology major. You just have to do what makes you happy! A lot of people end up doing something unrelated to their degree anyway.

    -Amanda k.

    amandakbythebay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete