Thursday, September 29, 2011

wild west

So...I've been a little preoccupied because.....I'M IN CALIFORNIA. That's right, I'm currently in the lovely mess that is Los Angeles to celebrate my cousin Karlynn's big wedding weekend!  I waved Birmingham goodbye, drove up to Huntsville, and hopped on a plane with my mother and (not so) little brother to meet up with the rest of our family out west.  It's been almost two years since I've been out here, and every time I love it just a little more.  It's weird to wonder what if my parents had never moved to Alabama and decided to raise us here instead, with all of our cousins and aunts and uncles.  What if they had sent us to an Armenian school, what if I had actually known other Armenians outside my family?!  Good grief, life would be so incredibly different. 



The wedding is TOMORROW and I'm so very excited.  I'm already prepping myself for the waterworks that will be provided by my overly emotional self.  And check out the view!  California may be strange, but it sure is beautiful.


I'm currently craving an In-N-Out burger (animal style, of course), and wishing I had time to head over to Melrose to do some serious vintage shopping.  Have any of you guys ever been out here to LA?  If not, you really should.  It really is a different world out here, especially from the south.

And speaking of A Different World.....


Dwayne Wayne knows whatsup.  Can you say too hip to be square?

No comments:

Post a Comment