Thursday, August 25, 2011

humpday happenings


I don't believe I've ever done an actual "what I wore" type of post, so let this go down in the books as the first. Also, go ahead and and let it go down in books that I rarely ever wear shorts or like my hair up, but the heat (and laziness) got the best of me this morning.  I mean it when I say that walking to and from class is basically like strolling through hell.  So here is Hollie and I, pre-hustle & bustle, ready to seize the day that is "humpday" (or more commonly known as "Wednesday").

But as our day winds down, we're currently keeping nice and cool while getting our studious on at the library.

I watched the documentary Black Gold in my Social Problems class this afternoon.  It was so eye-opening, and so heartbreaking, to see the effect that coffee has on the entire world, particularly Ethiopia.  I take my Starbucks for granted every day I drink it, but seeing this will make me think twice.  If you're interested in learning more about fair trade and the coffee industry, I suggest you check this documentary out.


Well, I suppose I should really stop blogging and start studying.  My planner is looking awful daunting these days....

Happy Humpday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hollie get back on those crutches! You're a bad patient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though the heat must make us wear shorts sometimes, at least you have unique fantastic green ones! Also, i'm very interested in the Documentary. Sounds like a fun class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovee those green shorts!
    It makes me cry a little watching documentaries like that and makes you think and be thankful for everything we have!
    nadiine-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those green shorts are so so so adorableeee =)

    I love both of your fashion senses.. now get back to studying =)

    now following your pretty little blog x

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I'm sorry these days are a bit stressful! I know you will finish everything with flying colors :)

    I hope you have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awh this is SO CUTE! these green shorts look AWESOME on you :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete