Monday, August 15, 2011

back to life/back to reality


Sorry for my fantastically inconsistent blogging, everyone.  In case you can't tell by the bare walls behind me, I'm in my new oh-so-tiny-slightly-urine-smelling dorm at UAB!  Packing/moving back to Birmingham has kept me much more productive the past week then I've been used to these past three months of lounging, so I kind of disregarded the rest of my life (except for my social life and my Netflix account because one can't sacrifice EVERYTHING).  Oh, and please note the bed sheet tastefully pinned over my window due to my moving into a room with broken blinds.  Though I contemplated leaving it uncovered and allowing the parking lot to peep as I shimmy and shake, I decided against it because the thought of someone potentially watching me sleep freaks me out...


Look at those weary eyes after an all too long day of moving! My trust steed (also known as my little brown friend, also known as Hollie) and I really are ready to make the most of what Birmingham has to offer.  I suppose I should go ahead and state that it's my second year in school and I, like everyone else in the world, am determined to make it so much better than the last.  I just have this overwhelming feeling in my gut that this year is going to be a good one. The main thing is that I'm really looking to network my tail off, make as many connections as possible, and continue to beef up my resume.

I know it's only day one, but I'm already looking forward to the many ups and downs I'm bound to stumble across.

Now I'm before I'm off to decorate these lackluster walls with some fanciful artwork and knick-knacks, I'll leave you with this.  You didn't actually think I was going to tease you with this blog title and not grace you with the explosion of 90s awesome that is Soul II Soul, did you?



--------------------------------------

Sidenote: What do you guys think of my new specs? I ordered these frames from Warby Paker, and I'm pretty much obsessed with them.  I've been wearing glasses since I was an awkwardly chubby 10 year old, but never have I loved a pair as much as these.  I can't recommend this company enough! And I remind myself of Matt Damon in The Talented Mr. Ripley when I wear them (murderous Jude Law obsession and all), which makes me feel cooler than it actually should.

2 comments:

  1. love your new glasses. have you have a fab time in your new home! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOVE the new specs!! SO cute! And this may sound completely weird. But you and your friend both have such pretty eyebrows! hahaha! I wish I had more defined eyebrows like that. Ok, weirdness over. That's so exciting that you are all moved in and ready for your next semester. :D I'm thinking blinds would be a good thing. haha!

    ReplyDelete