Saturday, July 16, 2011

giggles and gabs

Oh how I have missed my best friends.  I really haven't had too much going on this summer, but when something of even slight interest happens, these two are the ones I turn to gab all about it.   Since Alex had a little miss Indigo, and Hollie ventured off to Costa Rica for seemed like forever, the three of us haven't had much of a chance to get together for a little best friend bonding.  Luckily there was an opening in everyone's scattered schedules, so Thursday we met at our favorite local go-to Sam & Greg's to enjoy some pizza, gelatto, baby loving, and much needed laughs.  




I don't believe I ever gave Indigo a proper introduction here on the new blog!  My beautiful friend (and fellow blogger) Alexandra gave birth to this little lovely on June 28.  She's a tiny one, but she sure is sweet.  I'm elated by the fact that she's finally in our lives (because who doesn't love having a baby to shop for?).  I remember when Indie was just a precious gummy bear in her mother's tummy, so it still amazes me that she's finally here. Head on over to Alex's adorable blog to read all up on how life as a new mom is treating her.



A medium buffalo chicken pizza. No bacon, no onions.  Simply divine. 




I love her, I love her, I love her.  And I'm pretty sure she loves me too.  


Indie obviously doesn't like being in the arms of her aunt Hollie (a baby after my own heart).  Sure, she might have been crying because of her wet diaper, but who's to really say...






Though our outing was slightly interrupted by some frighteningly stormy weather that left us trapped in my car for a half hour listening to Fleet Foxes, it didn't take away from the fact that I had a wonderful time.  I've missed my friends an incredible amount this second half of the summer.  Life moves along quite quickly, but I know these two* will always be around to hear my pathetic woes and laugh with me at the silliest of things.




*Three counting baby Indie! and four counting Adrienne who overbooked herself with Harry Potter related activities and couldn't make it to our little get-together!

4 comments:

  1. Aww what an adorable little baby...that pizza looks delicious. I'm glad you had such a good time. Seeing friends after so long is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're really pretty! (:
    and the baby is sooo cute! :))
    hehe what do you think of my photoblog? retrocedeee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cute blog. I can't wait to keep reading. i'm your new follower! you should follow me too :) makes me feel accomplished.

    www.abinewhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete