Wednesday, July 13, 2011

all hail the rebellious youthful spirit

In my continuing discovery of reasons why Alabama isn't that bad, I can add this place to the list.  Not sure what it's called, not sure why it's closed down, but I'm happy my friend Alec took me there to cross an item off my bucket list. 

 
 
 

And with Alec's help, I added my own to the mix.  Though my work doesn't even compare to the beautiful talent displayed on these gray slabs, I thought I would bring a little touch of Kerouac to this concrete canvas (NOTE: can you tell when my hand got tired of holding the canister?). 


"Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry."

Kerouac said so well what I want to embrace entirely.  I've had the most interesting past 4 days of my life, to say the least.  I've experienced in these days more than I have in what seems like a lifetime.  And the strange part is that through it all I have discovered I'm a paradoxical mess.  

3 comments:

  1. hey there! thanks so much for your nice comment on my last post:) it really meant a lot to me:) ANYWAYS, I GAVE YOU A BLOG AWARD! CHECK IT OUT ON MY BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi karla found you through vanessa. we are both recipients of her blog award, yey! :) anyway wanted to say i love graffitti art and i love your blog.
    come follow me: mirrorofmyworld.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Eleanor, and thank you Vanessa for getting me a new follower!

    ReplyDelete